Cyber-security Tips for Small Business
FDIC Winter 2016 Consumer News listed a comprehensive list small business owners can use to protect their data and their money from hackers. Their cyber-security tips in short are:
- Keep up-to-date anti-virus software on all computer devices with automatic updates.
- Regularly install ‘patches’ or updates to all software.
- Keep employee access to data ‘job specific’.
- Train employees about cybersecurity issues (30 minute SBA online course)
- ‘Strong authentication’ beyond just a user ID and password.I.e. confirmation phone call
- Business tablets & smartphones that have access to the company network are of particular concern. Secure them using password protecting, data encryption and security software.
- Conduct daily to weekly data back ups (minimum).
- Get ‘best practice’ advice from your bank about online payments.
- ‘Monitor bank account balances regularly’
(Click HERE to read the complete article.)
ProFound Impact – Business Coach and QuickBooks Expert is a division of Bellingham, WA based Business Support Services Northwest, LLC. Proudly providing Payroll, Bookkeeping, Accounting (QuickBooks) Solutions to area business owners for over 30 years.